“Only when the last tree has been cut down, Only when the last river has been poisoned, Only when the last fish has been caught, Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.”
— Cree Indian Prophecy —
When will all this happen? Given the rate that we are consuming the limited resources on earth, probably pretty soon. Here’s some facts and figures:-
When the the last tree is cut down
- Top Ten Countries with highest deforestation rates.
- According to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), deforestation can result from “a combination of population pressure and stagnating economic, social and technological conditions.”
When the last river is poisoned
- State of Water Scarcity in the World
- State of Water Quality in the World
When the last fish is caught
- In 40 years, perhaps?
- Oh yeah, thanks climate change.
When money can’t be eaten
- how can we buy stuff, where there’s no stuff to make it in the first place?
- Overconsumption is evil.
Hopefully, all this will sink into people’s brains, and make them more conscious of how they live their lives and treat their environment.
When? I’m not sure, but it had better be soon.
Leave a Reply